Moving Made Easy: Think Outside the Box
Purchasing a new home at Bay Meadows is an exciting new adventure in your life, but when it’s time for the packing, you may be clueless on where to start. We’ve rounded up some general and *green inspired moving tips to roll through your moving day with ease and start enjoying your new abode. Happy packing and welcome home to Bay Meadows!
Helpful Apps for Moving Day:
– Moving Van allows you to easily identify the contents of every box you pack when moving house, using house movers, relocating or putting items into storage.
– MagicPlan uses pictures of your house to magically create a virtual floor plan that you can use to see if your furniture will fit in a particular place in your house.
– Evernote allows you to make lists, jot down quick notes, and save web articles for later. You can even organize them all into different notebooks and share them with other users.
Basic Moving Tips:
– Create a change of address list of all the parties you need to notify.
– Make a ‘First Box’ with moving supplies and all your basic supplies needed for your first night.
* Find free reused cardboard moving boxes online or check local stores.
– Make unpacking easy by labeling and color-coding your boxes by room.
– Place all screws, nuts and bolts in small bags and label clearly to make reassembly a breeze.
* Stretch wrap pillows and blankets to your couch, it will protect both and save on boxes to pack them.
– Tape closed or place plastic wrap under lids on all bottles of liquid.
– Need storage? Boxbee provides simple storage services with per-box, per month plans.
Think Outside the Box:
– Slide clothes on hangers from closet directly into garbage bags.
– Roll up your clothes instead of folding to save room.
– Put a cotton ball or pad in your makeup compacts so they don’t break.
* Simplify your packing and moving by renting ZippGo Plastic Moving Boxes. They are crush proof, water-proof, never need tape, and are ready to be packed the moment they arrive.
* Cut down on boxes by loading up all of your baskets, laundry bins, hampers, and suitcases.
* Utilize every article of padding (blankets, towels, sheets, dish rags, pot holders, etc.) when packing breakables.
– Snap a pic of how your electronics are connected so you can remember where all the wires go.
– Keep wires organized by wrapping a rubber band around them and labeling.
– Remove all bulbs before packing your lamps.
Pack the Kitchen:
– Pack plates on end vertically like records or stack with Styrofoam plates in between one another.
* Wrap your breakables (dishes, glasses, etc.) in towels or sheets to save on bubble wrap.
– Ask local liquor stores for wine boxes to use for glassware.
* Pack your glasses and stemware in clean socks to save on paper products.
Pack, move, sip, snap and enjoy! Send us your moving day pictures! As we develop community, we want to see how you live or play at Bay Meadows and beyond. Share your fun San Mateo lifestyle photos with our community by using #baymeadowslife and check out our twitter and Instagram profiles to stay updated on everything #baymeadowslife related. For easier event, photo, and building updates, make sure to follow our Facebook page.