Late Summer Harvest Recipes
It’s that time of year again! All of our warm weather crops are nearing the end of their season and we’re left with more tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, and other late summer fruit than we know what to do with. Feeling overwhelmed? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered with some delicious recipes that won’t let anything go to waste!
1) Zucchini Bread – People always ask us: “What can I do with all these enormous zucchinis?” The answer, of course, is zucchini bread! Try this incredible zucchini bread recipe with its hints of curry powder.
2) Quick Pickled Zucchini – We promise this is the quickest, tastiest, and most no fuss pickling recipe out there!
3) Zucchini Noodles – Who knew you could make noodles with your oodles of zucchini? This fun recipe is perfect for all the pesto lovers out there.
1) Simple Cucumber Salad – Cucumber, red onion, and dill. Sometimes it’s best not to overcomplicate things.
2) Cucumber Fizz – We all deserve a cucumber cocktail every now and then.
3) Cucumber Spritzer with Mint – Perfect for those last hot days of September!
1) Thai Tomato Salad – The secret ingredient is fish sauce – trust us!
2) Gazpacho – The great thing about this recipe? It uses both your larger heirloom tomatoes and your cherry tomatoes, both of which are in abundance at this time of year. Top it off with some edible viola flowers if you really want to impress your friends.
3) Tomato Puffy – We haven’t actually tried this one before, but it sounds delicious! Extra points because the recipe also includes basil – an herb we’re inundated with in the early fall.
And speaking of basil, if for any reason you’ve been intimidated at the thought of making your very own pesto, give this quick and tasty recipe a try. Pine nuts, garlic, parmesan, and lots of basil together in a food processor – it doesn’t get much easier than that.
Have fun and we hope you enjoy the last of your summer harvest!
PHOTO CREDITS: HOMESTEAD DESIGN COLLECTIVE