Choices, choices, choices. That’s the key to life at Bay Meadows. Not only does our community have a variety of for-sale homes; we also offer rental home options for your optimal lifestyle.
And now, The Russell and Quimby join Field House in a trio we’ve dubbed our “Apartment Collection.” Under construction since last year, Bay Meadows’ two new mixed-use apartment buildings are getting ready for their close-ups.
To fill us in on the juicy details of these two stunning offerings, we chatted with Paul Roberts, project manager with developer Wilson Meany. Paul works with project manager Brandy Bridges, who is leading development of these buildings. The team has been busily preparing The Russell and Quimby for their model units.
These luxury residences align with the fun, friendly and fulfilling lifestyle that today’s Bay Area residents seek. “You have all the great qualities that accompany life at Bay Meadows – a short walk to Caltrain, surrounded by 18 acres of parks and open space, with shopping and nearby eateries.” Amid all these perks, each apartment community presents its own charm.
THE RUSSELL – Making a splash
The Russell is the larger of the two communities and is in the heart of Bay Meadows, overlooking the Town Square and the Pedestrian Promenade.
For visual variety and architectural interest, The Russell is actually “comprised of two buildings over one parking garage, with a central courtyard.” The varying heights and exterior finishes not only break up the architecture to deliver a striking silhouette, but also provide for a variety of skylines available – from three to four stories with towers at the corners.
“Each building [comprising The Russell] is unique and each unit has different features – some with full balconies, some with Juliet Balconies …”
A few key amenities at The Russell:
- “The courtyard is rich in lounge space, with lush outdoor furniture. It’s the perfect place to meet up with neighbors, catch up with friends”
- “A Petanque Court, a French lawn game similar to bocce”
- “Abundant plants and greenery that create a relaxing and vibrant atmosphere”
- Heated outdoor swimming pool and spa
- Outdoor barbecue with dining area
- Member lounge/clubroom with oversize kitchen for entertaining
- Blue Bottle Coffee and Tin Pot Creamery on the ground floor are also coming soon!
To see all the amenities and other details, visit The Russell’s web page >
QUIMBY – Your Own Personal Escape Pod
“Quimby is half the size of the Russell, and offers a bit more relaxed feeling. The building is four stories over its own parking. It also has a courtyard with comfortable lounge furniture and is rich in vegetation. It’s a place to relax, read a book and enjoy the many days of warm sunshine we get down here on the Peninsula.”
Quimby’s key amenities include:
- “The units on the first floor feature super tall ceilings. When you walk in the front, the windows just let in so much light. It’s spectacular.”
- Outdoor barbecue and dining area
- Outdoor heated spa and meditation gardens
- Overlooks The Porch at Bay Meadows – “A landscaped plaza with recreation and leisure options and potential for fun pop-ups. In addition to a lawn with benches, tables and chairs, there will be a few porch swings and bike parking.”
- Residents’ lounge with chef’s kitchen
- Outdoor fire pits
- State-of-the-art fitness center
To see all the amenities and other details, visit Quimby’s web page >
Our last question for Paul: What’s one thing you’re most excited for in these new communities?
“Definitely Blue Bottle Coffee! I’m a big fan.”
Sign up for the Apartments interest list to stay on top of news. Coming soon – model apartments and the leasing office, just in time for pre-leasing!
Walkscore.com rates Bay Meadows high on the list for walkable locations to live on the San Francisco Peninsula and for good reason! Why? Because we are steps from shopping (Hillsdale Center), groceries (Whole Foods), parks, a farmer’s market and an easy bike-ride from downtown San Mateo with its burgeoning restaurant scene. San Mateo’s shared Bay Bikes are on-site, so no need to own your own. And Caltrain is a quick stroll from anywhere in the neighborhood. Learn all about connecting the dots for your many transportation options with Connect San Mateo.