Tails Will Be Wagging Every Thursday
We’re redefining the ‘Dog Days of Summer’ with spring and fall too. Twilight Tails, the popular weekly event planned especially for pups and their people returns on Thursday, April 5th to Landing Green Park (200 E. 28th Ave.), Bay Meadows! Round up your favorite four-legged pals and let them romp free from 5-6pm Thursdays, as the park turns into an off-leash San Mateo destination at twilight. This is the perfect place for your pup to get social, find playmates and for you to connect with other local dog parents. What’s more, specialty pet vendors join the line up each month for a special “First Thursday Twilight Tails”. Watch for new guests each month and get to know regulars that you can build trust to care for your best pal. Join the Facebook Event and invite friends.
First Thursday April 5th includes some of our favorite regulars and new friends!
- Say hello to Carlos and Christina. Oh My Dog! and Happy Tails Daycare will provide complimentary nail trimming, ear cleaning grooming & treats! Get there early! Last season there we so many dogs that both tables were full the entire hour.
- Meet Anne from Jump’nJava Agiity! Jump’n Java will introduce you and your dog to the sport of agility in a safe, fun and effective way!
- Looking to find a new sidekick? The Peninsula Humane Society/SPCA team will be there to help you celebrate the year of the dog. Every dog deserves a good home! Get involved.
- Precious Puch Doggie Bakery returns with the ever-popular freshly baked artisanal pet cakes and specialty treats! (Your dogs will find their best friend in Shelly!)
- Sam, the dachshund muse will be there to model the latest hound fashions from Studio Cinnamon!
- Need a regular walker or sitter? Amy from Good Dog! is joining us! She offers one-on-one companionship at your home and in your neighborhood for your favorite four-legged pal.
- Vicki from Vicki’s Little Rascals joins Twilight Tails to share details on her all-inclusive, shuttled doggie day trips to her private, 5 acre Rascal Ranch playland!.
Meet new friends. Plan your next play dates. As a dog-friendly community we want to ensure you have the tools to create a happy home at Bay Meadows and that includes your best friend too. Residents and San Mateo neighbors are invited to mix and meet other pups and parents every Thursday as the park turns into an off-leash area, plus the First Thursday of the month when extra special pet vendors are hand picked just for you.
Did we mention? Fieldwork Brewing and Blue Bottle Coffee, just steps away are also dog-friendly and provide a great venue to mix with co-workers and neighbors before or after Twilight Tails. Be sure to capture a snapshot of your pup in front of Jeppe Hein’s Mirror Labyrinth NY for California in Town Square and tag us @baymeadowslife on Instagram.
Join Charlie Brown the Beagle for a romp in the park, tails will be wagging!
An ideally located community, Bay Meadows is only 10 minutes from Palo Alto, 20 minutes from San Francisco, and has 3 airports (SFO, OAK, SJC) within 30 miles. Bay Meadows is also located on Caltrain, which makes travel and commutes that much easier. Talk about convenient! Bay Meadows is the centralized place to reduce commutes, meet friends and play. Looking for ideas of where to ride? Check out our bike map here.