Twilight Tails Returns for the 2018 Season
The pups were out at the much-anticipated Twilight Tails 2018 Kick-off event held on April 5th in Landing Green Park. This popular, off-lead hour draws quit a crowd as four-legged friends, with their two-legged companions in tow, reunite for fun, socializing and exercise. With neighbors, dog walkers, groomers, trainers and sitters mixing, it’s the perfect way to find new besties and add to your pack!
Though the fun happens every Thursday between 5-6 pm, every First Thursday Edition of Twilight Tales is more than just off-lead fun; a number of dog-related vendors attend as well, making for a wonderful event for you and your pet. Here’s a brief summary of those vendors in attendance earlier this month:
- Carlos and his happy crew, from Oh My Dog! provided complimentary nail trimming, ear cleaning grooming & treats! HuMoms and Dads were queued up patiently, so get here early, as he stayed late to take care of every-pawty! Thank you, Oh My Dog!
- Anne’s agile team from Jump’n Java Agility! is new to Twilight Tails! Her crew came over the hill from Half Moon Bay to show off their super cool agility set up, complete with tunnels and training bar jumps! Stu and Carol’s level of patience and enthusiasm gave us a taste of the sport of agility, and left our dogs begging for more!
- Celebrating the year of the Dog, outreach volunteers, Marlene and Ron connected with the us to educate us on all the amazing services provided by the Peninsula Humane Society/SPCA. There’s something for everyone: from adopting a furry sidekick to their fur-ever home, donating gently used textiles and supplies to the shelter, training workshops to help you bond with your faithful companion to volunteering. Get involved.
- The fabulous Amy from Good Dog! dog walkers and pet sitters made the rounds with every-pawty. It’s good to know that she offers exclusive one-on-one companionship at your home and in your neighborhood for your favorite four-legged pal.
- Vicki from Vicki’s Little Rascals joins Twilight Tails as one of the Peninsula’s most unique dog walking experience. The Rascal Ranch offers more than a dog walk – it’s an EXPERIENCE. Rascals enjoy shuttled doggy day trips to the ultra-private Rascal Ranch- 4 enclosed and secure acres of customized open space where pups can run, roam and relax. Sign me up!
If you didn’t make it to the April Twilight Tails, no need to fret; Twilight Tails happens every Thursday from 5-6PM so be sure to mark your calendars for an evening full of tail wagging fun in San Mateo.
Experience Midurban life. Bay Meadows is a family-friendly neighborhood with lots of open space to enjoy all-year long. Whether it’s growing your own vegetables in an organic community garden, playing a game of pick-up basketball after work, team building over bocce in the beer garden, picnicking with family on warm summer nights or with a run around the park, there’s no shortage of green space to explore. If you have furry friends, don’t miss Twilight Tails in Landing Green Park on Thursdays, 5-6pm! Check out life out and about at Bay Meadows by following us on Instagram.