6 Ways to Spoil San Mateo Moms
If you are familiar with Bay Meadows, you know we love catering to moms! In fact, we plan kids entertainment every Monday from 3-5pm to allow San Mateo moms to mix, mingle, make new friends, exchange tips and get some adult conversation going while the kids burn off that energy! In the spirit of catering to moms, Mother’s Day is coming up on Sunday, May 14th and what better way to find out what a mom really wants than by asking one (or an entire club of moms). We went directly to the top source and reached out to The San Mateo Mothers Club (SMMC) for insight on the best ways to spoil San Mateo moms this year. If you’re looking for a place to treat the mom in your life, search no further. Explore this list from the SMMC and start planning!
- Work out some of those aches and pains that come from parenting, and send her for an hour or two of massage and relaxation at Kanna Spa off 20th Street. Gift Certificates may be purchased online, but all services are by appointment only.
- Let her put her feet up and get a mani and pedi at 7 Sisters on 25th Street with plush seats, sweet treats and a fancy drink too! If you’re feeling extra generous, throw in a facial for a complete spa day.
- Book a fancy cooking with friends or baking class at Draeger’s San Mateo Cooking School or Baking Arts in Downtown San Mateo. These are much more fun than the standard kid friendly meals at home! (Be sure to pair up your gift card with some flowers…the bunches are brilliant.)
- Let her have a shopping spree in Nordstrom at the Hillsdale Shopping Center, and maybe some See’s Candies to nibble on while she’s there!
- Let her wander solo up and down the rows of delicious food at the College of San Mateo Farmers Market when it opens at 9am on Saturday while she indulges on a fresh pastry from Backhaus Bread and a hot coffee. The market is an easy bike ride (approx. 3 miles) from Bay Meadows if she wants a little time on two wheels.
- Give her a night off. Set up an evening out with her friends or book a sitter and take her out on the town yourself. Grab a delicious drink and food at 31st Union, B Street & Vine, or Grape and Grain in Downtown San Mateo, and then let her pick a flick to take in at Century 12.
About the San Mateo Mothers Club:
The San Mateo Mothers Club (SMMC) is a club open to moms with kids from birth to kindergarten age in San Mateo and nearby cities (no residency requirement). They organize playgroups, children’s outings, adult social events, in-a-pinch support, fundraising, and community outreach – but mainly it is about getting together with other moms and sharing the joys, concerns and experiences that our new lives with children gives us!
Experience Midurban life. Bay Meadows is a family-friendly neighborhood with lots of open space to enjoy all year long. Whether it’s growing your own vegetables in a gorgeous community garden with expert guidance, playing a game of pick-up basketball after work, team building over bocce, picnicking with family on warm summer nights or getting fit with pop-up fitness and yoga classes curated just for you, there’s no shortage of green space to explore. If you have little ones, don’t miss Momdays on Mondays in Paddock Park! Check out life out and about at Bay Meadows by following us on Instagram.