Construction Update – ‘Round Town
Of course, there are always new buildings rising at Bay Meadows. But change is on-tap in our greater neighborhood, too.
First, closer to home – Roam Burgers is well under construction in Town Square. Watch for a summer opening.
On the residential side, a number of homes are completed and sold for the luxurious 24 single-family homes Victory collection from Shea Homes. Models of three different styles are open. Interested in the next sales opportunity? Sign up here >
For offices – Station 2, the third of five office buildings to rise at Bay Meadows, continues construction apace and will be ready for occupancy in summer 2018.
HILLSDALE SHOPPING CENTER
Renovation of the north block and dining terrace (former location of Sears) is making swift progress. Crews have broken ground on all of the buildings planned for the redevelopment, which includes a Cineopolis Cinema, a bowling alley lounge named Pinstripes and an underground fitness center.
- Hillsdale Shopping Center remains open for regular business during the entire remodeling project.
- Hillsdale shared with us some key milestones over the next few months:
- The Dining Terrace (now over 31st Avenue) is expected to now open Fall, 2018. Panda Express, a popular favorite, will be returning to Hillsdale Shopping Center along with these other tasty, international options: Taco El Grullense, Kuro Obi Ramen, Haagen-Dazs, Share Tea, Sarku Japan, and Uncle Tetsu, to name a few.
- 31st Avenue between El Camino Real and Edison Streets will remain closed til June 30, 2018.
- The new traffic roundabout is complete at 31st and Edison Streets.
- MidiCi Pizza will also be opening Fall, 2018 near the Dining Terrace.
- The Northblock project is expected to open Spring, 2019.
CALTRAIN GRADE SEPARATIONS, PG&E WORK
Caltrain and California High Speed Rail arewell under construction on the long-awaited Caltrain grade separation project for the Hillsdale station. The project not only raises the tracks and lowers theroad at E. 25th Avenue it also completes east/west grade street separations at 28th and 31st Avenues, which currently dead-end — opening access between areas east and west of the tracks.
As part of the project, in May PG&E began work to relocated a natural gas pipeline for the 25th Ave. grade separation project. The work is being done on South Delaware Street between 25th Avenue and Pacific Boulevard from 7:30 a.m.to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
During this time, motorists may experience minor delays during work hours due to lane closures on South Delaware Street from 25th Avenue to Derby Avenue. This work is anticipated to be complete by late September. All businesses will remain open as usual during construction.
You can stay on top of Caltrain grade separation weekly construction updates here
Have you been looking for new construction, luxury apartment living in San Mateo? Look no further! Located within commuting distance to San Francisco and Silicon Valley, with easy access to downtown San Mateo and Redwood City via Caltrain, the Apartment Collection at Bay Meadows is the perfect place to live and play. Luxurious amenities include fitness centers, pools, club rooms and outdoor fire pits. From a spectacular boutique retreat to an energetic urban hub, the Apartment Collection at Bay Meadows in San Mateo serves up life and living just the way you want. Learn more about leasing here.