Caltrain Offers 6 Months of Discounted Rides
Caltrain is making getting around the San Francisco Peninsula easier than ever with the introduction of 4 new special fares packages that your entire family can enjoy. These temporary fare options won’t last forever so @gocaltrain! Did you hear? The future of public trans is launching real soon at Bay Meadows doorstep in San Mateo. Electric trains are on their way in 2024! Electrification sets up the framework for high speed rail in the Bay Area with the ultimate vision of both Caltrain and HSR calling San Francisco Transit Center its future terminus. The authority contributed $714m to the modernization project.
Beginning September 2024, take advantage of 6 months of Caltrain discounts and enjoy the easy ride from our Hillsdale Station located mere steps from Bay Meadows neighborhood, San Mateo’s thriving urban village and transit oriented development.
- The $1 Youth Pass provides one-way rides for merely a dollar for everyone 18 and under.
- The Family Day Pass allows two adults and up to four youths (18 and under) to ride together for the cost of two adults and one youth.
- The Group Day Pass allows a group of four to six people to travel together for 15% off the cost of four tickets.
- The 3-Day Pass allows the pass holder to take unlimited trips for three consecutive days, perfect for the hybrid commuter.
- Additionally, parking is also now 50% off at all stations. 24-hour daily parking at all Caltrain stations will be $2.75. You can find all the details by visiting the official Caltrain site here.
Walkscore.com rates Bay Meadows high on the list for walkable locations to live on the San Francisco Peninsula and for good reason! Why? Because we are steps from shopping and entertainment (Hillsdale Center), groceries (Whole Foods), parks, and an easy bike-ride from downtown San Mateo with its burgeoning restaurant scene. With wheels on-site to get you from here to there, there’s no need to own your own. And Caltrain is no more than a five-minute walk from anywhere in the neighborhood. Learn all about connecting the dots for your many transportation options with Connect San Mateo